Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Great ride and a fun bridge!

This was a great ride on a beloved bike that's no longer with us. It was about four years ago and I was doing a loop I love. Eastern Kentucky has tons of swinging/suspension bridges (for people, not cars). This is a loop that's about 35 miles and coming back near town I cross this bridge. It's at River, Kentucky and is claimed to be the longest plastic pedestrian bridge in existence. Yes, it's plastic. I trust steel in bicycles but I sure entrusted my life to plastic when crossing this bridge high above cold waters.



'Twas a nice fall day in the Highlands. I set out on a ride with some hard climbing, a dirt section, one long downhill, nice backroads, and two swinging bridge crossings. The bike was a Kogswell F-58. Interesting bits were Nitto Albatross bars flipped upside down, a Shimano Nexus 7 speed internally geared hub, Brooks B-17 saddle, and a Carradice Barley saddlebag. The bike nor the hub complained. It was such a nice ride, my body didn't even complain.

Here's the link to the route. http://www.mapmyride.com/route/us/ky/paintsville/593459183841

No comments: